Welcome to Moana Kindergarten
Moana Kindergarten is a welcoming, supportive and inclusive centre where we aim to inspire a lifelong love of learning.
We strive to:
- Foster positive respectful relationships with children and families to create a sense of belonging and community.
- Create a safe, nurturing and stimulating play based curriculum that recognises individual children’s abilities and maximises learning potential.
- Provide an inclusive environment that values children and families of culturally diverse backgrounds including ATSIC and actively provides awareness and acceptance of heritage and culture.
- Develop resilient, persistent, independent learners that imagine, discover, explore and question.
- Work together with educators and families to enable children the skills to assess, manage and take appropriate risk.
At Moana Kindergarten we have created a Nature Play environment that provides authentic learning experiences. We access our unique local environment which also promotes a culture of respect and appreciation of the natural world. This includes an embedded specialist Beach Kindy program that is run on an ongoing basis from our ‘home base” at Moana Beach. Learning in all curriculum areas is embedded in the Nature Play environment which has a positive impact on children’s health and wellbeing.
Fun and messy play happens every day!
We would like to acknowledge the Kaurna People as the traditional custodians of the land upon which Moana Kindy is built. Please read below for an Acknowledgement of Country written from the Kindy children’s words:
(Sing to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star)
We love learning on Kaurna land
Playing, riding and having fun
Being nice to all our friends
Picking up rubbish to care for the land
We love learning on Kaurna Land
Respect to Kaurna People for sharing their land.
(Turtle group week 3, Term 3, 2021)